Board of Directors
The CSPA Board of Directors is composed of patients, skin-health professionals, educators, and members of industry. The group meets face-to-face once a year at the Annual General Meeting and has regular conference calls throughout the year. Board members are elected and serve a two-year term.
The board, which has representation from across Canada, sets the mandate for the organization and oversees staff to ensure financial and human resources are allocated appropriately to best serve Canadian skin patients.
The current Board of Directors:
- Allan Stordy, Alberta (President)
- Barbara-Anne Hodge, Manitoba (Vice-President)
- Judy Bacsu, Alberta
- Preet Bhogal, Nova Scotia
- Paul Francois Bourgault, Québec
- Sandy Burton, Ontario
- Christine Clarke, British Columbia
- Sylvia Garand, Quebec
- Kyla Lahaye, Alberta
- Tanny Nadon, Alberta
- Julie Powers, Ontario
- Seema Sindwani, Ontario
CSPA members: These members volunteer their time to the organisation and are part of at least one committee.
Patricia Pearsell, Victoria Carlson, Charles Jago and Anick Dion
Advisors to the CSPA board: Nina Macdonald and Dr. Harvey Lui
The Medical Advisory Board, consisting of dermatologists, assists the CSPA on a range of projects, making themselves available to review documents, offer advice and provide clinical expertise as required.
The current Medical Advisory Board:
- Dr. Kirk Barber
- Dr. Marc Bourcier
- Dr. Anatoli Freiman
- Dr. Peter Hull
- Dr. Ian Landells
- Dr. Richard Langley
- Dr. Harvey Lui
- Dr. Charles Lynde
- Dr. Danielle Marcoux
- Dr. Yves Poulin
- Dr. Cheryl Rosen
- Dr. Gordon Searles
- Dr. Jerry Tan
- Dr. Jack Toole
From time to time, the CSPA Board of Directors requires the input of representatives from other organizations involved in skin health in Canada. Currently this group consists of:
- Dr. Jan Dutz: Canadian Dermatology Foundation
- Paul Kidson: Canadian Dermatology Industry Association
- Dr. Harvey Lui: Canadian Dermatology Association
- Nina MacDonald and Leslie Plauntz: Canadian Dermatology Nurses Association
To ensure the articles in Canadian Skin magazine are based on the most recent evidence, the CSPA relies on the expertise of the reviewers on the magazine’s advisory board. The current board is made up of dermatologists Dr. Marc Bourcier and Dr. Gordon Searles.
The CSPA has a number of committees, standing and ad hoc, that work with the board and CSPA staff to fulfill the mandate of the organization. Read through the list below, and if you find one that interests you that you’d like to get involved in, visit the Getting Involved section. The CSPA is always looking for passionate individuals who are willing to volunteer their time and skills to helping skin patients.
- Website: Preet Bhogal,
- Advocacy: Christine Clarke,
- Affiliates: Barbara-Anne Hodge, Tanny Nadon, Paul-Francois Bourgault, Karen Shipman
- SKIN Conference Planning: Sandy Burton, Barbara-Anne Hodge, Kyla Lahaye, Seema Sindwani, Paule Laflamme